Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Veggie Packed Dinner- Bruschetta and Swiss Chard Salad

I took these pictures about two weeks ago, but they languished awhile before I uploaded them, and then I put off going through them for a bit after that. Since last week was our last CSA pickup it kind of makes me a bit sad to look through them, because I loved all the local, fresh, organic produce I got every week. I hope the winter farmer's markets don't let me down!

One of the last big batches of rainbow swiss chard, chopped and ready to become a salad.

Regular tomatoes and green zebra tomatoes, which were later added to chopped fresh garlic, basil from my balcony, and covered liberally in organic olive oil and fresh cracked black pepper. I think I could live off of bruschetta.

The chard was mixed with 3 colors of peppers, peppers, and tomatoes- all from the CSA- and then tossed in lemon goddess dressing and topped with raw, unsalted trail mix and chia seeds.

The bruschetta on top of Whole Foods Seeduction loaf. Not my favorite, but it was nice sliced thinly and toasted.

Doesn't this make you want to eat your veggies? Or at least sit and admire how pretty they are? Getting a CSA was so very worth it. I don't see Bobby and I ever going without a share in a CSA again unless they aren't available where we live. I've shopped at farmers' markets for many, many years, and I try to buy local/organic, but this makes it so much easier. Plus, I got to know the people who grew and picked my food, as I saw them every week for almost 5 months. And I also love when my food is so fresh picked that there are still dirt clumps on it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment