Monday, June 20, 2011

Avocado Continues to Be Awesome

The other night I was craving a creamy pasta sauce, but I didn't want to hassle with a cashew cheese, and I didn't have any nooch (nutritional yeast) anyway. I did, however, have an avocado. Into my food processor went: an avocado, some walnut oil, rosemary, roasted garlic, pink Himalayan sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Oh, and a bit of red pepper and a splash of almond milk. I think I also added a squeeze of lemon...wait, basil was in there, too. Ok, I think that's all. The end product was delicious- creamy, but still light, and the avocado/lemon/basil flavors felt like a summer happy dance in my mouth. I sauteed some zucchini, red onions, white beans, and red pepper, and boiled up some totally not health nut plain old white flour spaghetti. I tossed all of the previous together with the avocado pasta sauce, and then topped it with some fresh, sliced, baby heirloom tomatoes. Oh, heirloom tomatoes. You will be the death of me. And by that I mean, the opposite of the death of me since you are delicious and are good for me.



I continued my love affair with the baby heirlooms with a side salad full of organic red leaf lettuce, cucumbers, more white beans, red pepper, chia seeds, and my beloved vanilla fig balsamic.


And everyone was very, very happy that night. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment