Thursday, June 30, 2011

Return to Tasty Harmony

I've raved about Tasty Harmony before. The all vegetarian/99% vegan restaurant is a go to for local, organic, delicious food. We stopped by weekend before last and I fell in love with a salad. Which is kind of awkward since Bobby was right there. It's called "The Meal". On their website, it is described as "Two living sunflower croquettes over baby salad greens, red and green cabbage, shredded carrots, shredded beets, avocado, tomatoes and shaved red onions. Comes with a side of our Green Onion Tahini Dressing." A synonymous description could be "Pure raw veggie goodness". Here is a slightly blurry cell phone pic of it.
I included my hand as a size reference. This thing was definitely a meal
I had the chilled hibiscus tea to wash it all down. That green onion tahini dressing was so good. I think that tahini is almost as magical as bananas. I have yet to eat anything with tahini that didn't taste amazing. Those sunflower croquettes were also good enough to warrant such a fussy name. They crumbled nicely and served as a much healthier version of a crouton.

Tasty Harmony has specials that change often, and on this visit they were featuring a stuffed poblano pepper plate with their cashew cheese and vegan sour cream. It was also very good. It was similar to a chile relleno, but not quite. It wasn't my favorite relleno type dish, but it was definitely up there.
 Tasty Harmony rolled out their summer menu, so I'm sure we'll be visiting them a time or two over the next few months. In the meantime, I want to own whatever machine shredded the beets in my salad. I would never cook again, I'd just shred everything. This might be why I shouldn't own such a machine...

No comments:

Post a Comment