Sunday, June 27, 2010

"Burgers" for Lunch and Gnocchi for Dinner



Lunch- When I eat a veggie burger, I try to look at it as a salad that happens to be sharing a bun with a burger :) This guy had vegan mayo, horseradish mustard, red onions, roma tomatoes, pickles, and radishes and red leaf lettuce from our CSA. Garlic fries on the side, ate about 2/3 dipped in more horseradish mustard. Half a can of Raspberry no caff/pres/art. flavors/HFCS soda.



Dinner- gnocchi (italian potato dumplings, first time having them, not a fan) covered in tomato basil marinara with fresh picked basil, garlic, red onions, topped with roasted veggies: zucchini, squash, red onion, baby bella mushrooms, and red pepper roasted with leftover pesto sauce and fresh picked rosemary. Focaccia bread drizzled w/ olive oil, a salad to use up the rest of the lettuce/radishes/red pepper. I ate all the salad but could only finish half of the pasta and one piece of bread.

2 comments:

  1. Garlic Fries! Oh we can so now be best friends!! Yum!

    I've never heard of Gnocchi before, but it sounds interesting. The focaccia bread w/ olive oil sounds so yummy.

    P.S. The potatoes and carrots were definitely the best part. I confess, I snuck in just a little extra bite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be the *tiniest* bit addicted to garlic :) I think I liked the gnocchi more than I gave it credit for, it was just they are *very* dumpling-y, and I was expecting more pasta-y.

    And I would have snuck an extra bite too!

    ReplyDelete