Friday, August 6, 2010

Dinner Part II- In Which I Take Sun Dried Tomatoes as a Mistress


During random minutes of downtime during the PotPie Making Process of 2010, I rounded up the ingredients for a side dish I found on Epicurious. While I love you guys, I have to confess that I didn't get out the bowls just for aesthetics of the picture- I usually like to put veggies in separate bowls so I can have a clear cutting board surface. I did, however, arrange them just so for the picture :) You're looking at sundried tomatoes, minced garlic, an onion, and white beans.


Everything save the beans gets all sauteed up in oil. I used the oil from the jar of tomatoes, since I used about half for the recipe. The only seasonings in the recipe are paprika, salt, and pepper, but the garlic, tomatoes, and olive oil are the real stars.


Add in a few good handfuls of baby spinach, put a lid on it and let it wilt, stirring occasionally to combine and aid in the wilting. I fiddled with all the measurements in this recipe, and I'm glad I did. It called for 20 oz of spinach, which is A LOT. I used about 10 oz and two cans of beans and it was a good ratio of spinach/beans to spices/oil/garlic. I would say it smelled like heaven, but I was putting this together as the potpie was coming into its own in the oven, and I have to say the potpie smelled like heaven. If heaven has a smell. I'm sure heaven has a smell. Let's just say it smells like awesome vegan pot pie. With beans and spinach in the background. Anyway, stop reading this pointless sentence and look below it...


Yes. Ma'am. This was so, so good. It was light and fresh tasting, which was the perfect complement to the dense creaminess of the potpie. I cannot wait for leftovers tomorrow. Or later tonight. Or as soon as I hit "Publish Post".

2 comments:

  1. It's always a sign of a good meal when you get hungry for it again looking at photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I've eaten it three times since then and never got tired of it :)

    ReplyDelete