Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pot Pie for Katie and Anna



You guys have seen the pot pie before, and I don't need to remind you how much I love it. The first thing I said the first time I made it was "This is AMAZING" and the second thing was "I HAVE to make this when Katie comes up!". Katie and her friend Anna were here all last week as I mentioned, and I was *so* excited to make a nice Southern meal for all us Texas girls *and boy, hi Bobby!*


I served the pot pie with, from left to right, more of the white bean/spinach/sundried tomato dish; sauteed squash and zucchini from our CSA; red and golden beets, red, purple, and white turnips, and rainbow swiss chard from our CSA sauteed in red onions and garlic; mashed sweet potatoes. The pot pie was just as good the second time around and the sides gave a lot of variety to such a dense, hearty main dish. The girls loved it so I was a happy host :)

No comments:

Post a Comment