Sunday, August 15, 2010

Waffles and Rice



Whole wheat waffles topped with chia seeds, a big handful of raw trail mix- unsweetened coconut, dates, almonds, peanuts, raisins, sunflower seeds, walnuts- and a big drizzle of warmed up, organic, 100% maple syrup. After years of scoffing at its expense, I purchased some. I can definitely say it is both better than "pancake syrup" and is also worth the extra money.



The Caribbean rice, reincarnated as a breakfast rice pudding of sorts. Definitely fits in a bit better with waffles and mornings than it did as a dinner dish. I topped it with chopped, raw, unsalted walnuts and more chia seeds. With less sugar and the addition of the crunchy walnuts I liked it even more than I did the first time. Although I have to admit I only ate half of it thanks to filling up on waffles. Taking pictures of my food is so much better now that I stopped being lazy and learned the (absolute bare minimum basics) of Bobby's camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment