Friday, August 6, 2010

Juice

I took the leftover beet juice, and added the juice of my zested down orange that was leftover from my rice making. A splash of agave and a good swirl... and the verdict..


I actually liked it! It was definitely earthy, but the citrus cut through it and the agave gave it just enough sweet to take out any bitter notes. And lest you bestow any healthy street cred on me that I don't deserve, this is not my usual MO. I've just gotten really into trying to avoid my food waste in the last year, so I didn't want to waste the beet juice or the zested down orange. Was it the best drink ever? No, but it was good and it was certainly healthy, and I feel good about not wasting food. The remaining floppy hull of the orange was chopped up and tossed down my disposal along with some vinegar to freshen it. Ah, the circle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment