Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Tofu Returns



The remaining half of the 1 lb block of tofu was scrambled this morning with half a white onion and two large swiss chard leaves from our CSA. It was seasoned with fresh garlic, marjoram, turmeric, cumin, salt, and pepper. The biscuits are whole wheat, made from scratch, and they were definitely worth getting out of bed to make. I made a scramble sandwich with one, and gave the other to Bobby. I did finish the scramble though, because right after breakfast was an hour of yoga followed by half an hour of weights and I didn't want to run out of energy. Isa, the author of "Veganomicon", says that tofu is meant to be scrambled. It certainly is. I always despised scrambled eggs, fried eggs, could barely do an omelet unless it was super dry and covered in veggies, but tofu scrambles? Ah, those I can do.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! This looks delicious. Tofu scramble is way better than scrambled eggs. Isa has helped me re-learn to cook after veganizing my mom's food didn't work. She's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with all Isa does! She is the best :)

    ReplyDelete