Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Breakfast- I've missed you oatmeal!



I've recently come across the idea of soaking one's grains before they're eaten, preferably overnight. Apparently, oats have phytic acid in them, which blocks the absorption of other minerals, and back in the day all oats packages had directions for soaking overnight. I was skeptical, but it kept popping up, so I figured what the hell, soaking them overnight in my fridge takes two seconds, just in case :) Breakfast was- steel cut oats made with water and no salt, topped with cinnamon, no salt/sugar fresh ground almond butter, half a banana, and a sprinkle of raw, unsalted trail mix- sunflower seeds, peanuts, almonds, cashews, walnuts, unsweetened coconut, raisins, and those stick things are dates. Drank raspberry rosehip herbal caffeine free tea with a splash of unsweetened coconut milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment