Sunday, July 18, 2010

Yoga and Naps and Yummy Food



Lunch after yoga- whole wheat spirals tossed in a tbsp of basil pesto, topped with a mixture of zucchini, squash, green and red bell pepper, a Field Roast apple sage sausage, and fresh garlic sauteed in olive oil with the rest of the basil pesto and about half a cup of organic tomato sauce. This meal might look light, but it has 20+ grams of protein in it. Very much needed after that yoga class!



After an hour long nap turned into 3 hours (whoops!) I was hungry and needed something to get me through grocery shopping that wouldn't destroy my appetite for dinner. Enter a half a cup of shredded whole wheat, unsweetened coconut milk, topped with a trail mix of raw, unsalted cashews, walnuts, almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, dates, raisins, and unsweetened coconut slices, plus blueberries, chia seeds, cinnamon, and honey.



After grocery shopping we decided to go out downtown. Our downtown is amazing. Clean, safe, bike and pedestrian friendly, filled with flowers and trees and beautifully kept old buildings, and packed with local shops and restaurants. We hit up STUFT, where you can build your own burger. I ordered a Pepsi- I have no idea why, it just popped out- and it was way, way too sweet. This is a pretty small glass, and it was packed with ice, and I was still cracked out from all the HFCS and caffeine. Who knows why I did that to myself..



I built a portabella burger- it tastes like steak, and is so juicy and messy, it's awesome- on a sourdough bun with lettuce, tomatoes, onion and pickles, with spicy red pepper pesto. Sweet potato fries on the side. What I love about this place is how small their portions are. I ate the entire burger and 1/2 of the fries, and didn't feel anywhere near uncomfortable. Bobby took care of the rest of my fries :)



After STUFT we walked around downtown a bit and then hit up our favorite bar, Elliot's. It has a great atmosphere, it's never crowded, and there are comfy couches in the front where you can people watch. Bobby is a very light drinker, and I don't drink, so they gave me a Shirley Temple on the house. I took about two drinks of it but that was all the sweet I could handle after the Pepsi. We hung out for an hour or so planning some trips and then headed back home. Thanks for the free drink Elliot's. That's why you're our favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment