Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cashew Cheese Makes the World Go 'Round



Since there were no leftovers from last night, I had to throw something together before I leave for my internship work today. This pasta consists of- about a half a cup of whole wheat spirals, mixed with about half a tbsp of pesto. Topped with sauteed squash, baby bellas, onions, red peppers, beets from our CSA, and fresh garlic, seasoned with a bit of black pepper and mixed with another half a tbsp of pesto. The real star of this dish however, is hands down the cashew cheese- the creamy orange-y dollops you see on top. It tasted like a spicy red pepper creamy cheese. I made it last night in the food processor with a mixture of onions, cashews, red peppers, nutritional yeast, lots of garlic, some lemon juice, and fresh ground black pepper. This is destined for a creamy base on a pizza, but I wanted to give it a test run. It passed with very high marks. Oh, and yes, on top of that I sprinkled about 1/4 a cup of roasted, unsalted walnuts that I chopped up.

I'm off to research and write! And I can't promise you won't see a rare treat pop up on this blog later today...

No comments:

Post a Comment