Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I Fell in Love with a Sandwich Tonight



I had a salad for lunch that I forgot to photograph, blah blah blah, MORE IMPORTANTLY, this sandwich was amazing. Let's get the sides out of the way. Bottom right- I roasted beets from our CSA in olive oil and rosemary. Bottom left- I'm trying to eat a portion of raw veggies every night salad style, so this was broccoli, red peppers, walnuts, and chia seeds tossed in rosemary vinaigrette. Onto the main event- a sandwich on rosemary bread (the kind you take and bake at home) with an apple sage Field Roast sausage(wheat meat, so much better than soy), topped with a mixture of baby bellas and radishes sauteed in olive oil, fresh garlic seasoned with sage, paprika, salt and pepper, tomato, and lettuce. I made a roasted garlic and red pepper mayonnaise to go with- 3 cloves of fresh roasted garlic and a handful of red peppers food processed with vegan mayo, pepper, and salt.

Bobby and I said nary a word until both of us had polished off the sandwiches. For something I just threw together with stuff from our CSA that needed to get used up this was fabulous.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe how much I love your blog. I'm very intrigued by this Field Roast sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you love it! :)

    The Field Roast sausage is *so* good. I think I like the chipotle version better than the apple sage. They also make meatloaf and a celebration roast. I get them at Whole Foods. I love them because they are all natural, REAL ingredients, they're crazy high in protein- one link is 26 grams- and they are soy free. I try to only eat soy as it has been eaten traditionally- such as tempeh or tofu- and stay away from a lot of the fake meat/highly processed products as much as I can. You can check out fieldroast.com, and click on products, and then product sheet, and read all the ingredients and the nutritional info.

    ReplyDelete