Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lots of Fruit and Veggies!



Breakfast: Mmmmm fruit bowl. This is a mix of mango, kiwi, peach, plum, and orange, with fresh mint and a sprinkle of ginger, topped with a raw, unsalted trail mix of sunflower seeds, coconut slices, peanuts, dates, almonds, and walnuts, all finished off with a sprinkle of chia seeds.



The other half of breakfast- 1/4 a cup of steel cut oats, soaked overnight, then cooked in water. Mixed with- half of a chopped up peach, a handful of unsalted, raw walnuts, a drizzle of agave, splash of vanilla, and cinnamon. Topped with about a tbsp of almond butter (no sugar/no salt) and chia seeds. I ended up only eating about 2/3 of this, I always forget how filling oatmeal is when I go a bit without having it. I think the water dense fruit salad definitely played a part in filling me up as well.



Lunch- I had leftover sauteed veggies and mushrooms from last night's pizza toppings. This sandwich is STUFFED- I hollowed out the inside to fit the almost a cup's worth of veggies, plus two large swiss chard leaves from our CSA, and two very thin slices of Vegan Gourmet mozzarella. A generous grind of fresh black pepper and spicy horseradish mustard rounded it out. Most importantly, however, is the amazing bread. I picked up more of the take and bake rosemary bread from Sprouts. It's whole wheat plus it has vital wheat gluten added, so it's *loaded* with protein. This is a very small salad plate, and that serving gave me 10 grams of protein, 6% of my DV for calcium, and almost 20% of my DV for iron.



A close up. I love lunch pictures, because I can use the natural light and turn off my flash. It's a bit blurry, but I prefer to say it has "warm colors" ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment