Saturday, July 17, 2010

Waffles and Sleeping In



Friday was crazy awful busy and super hot. I drove 45 minutes to drop off a resume/fill out an application, drove back, then hurriedly changed and scarfed down a salad- baby greens, pickled beets, pumpkin seeds, croutons, grilled portabella mushrooms- and some gatorade before I ran out the door to observe a community organizing position from 1:45 to 11:00 at night. I ate some fruit on the way to the community, walked around for 5 hours in the 97 degree heat, and then we all went out afterwards and I ate a portabella burger at almost midnight. Collapsed into bed blistered and tired at 1 a.m.

So, this morning, I slept in until 10:30, and then Bobby woke me up to this breakfast. Whole wheat made from scratch waffle topped with a tbsp of almond butter (no sugar/no salt) and a handful of blueberries. A drizzle of honey and a lot of chia seeds and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. Half a banana on the side topped with more chia seeds. These waffles pull apart into four sections, and I ate three sections and all of the banana. Homemade hot cocoa on the side- unsweetened coconut milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, a tsp of of honey. This guy I live with is kind of a catch I think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment