Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dinner



I got 4 hours of sleep between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. this morning, so my breakfast was eaten like an early lunch. Dinner was something I threw together because I was craving a black bean burger. I had never made them, but I figured you can't go wrong with black beans. On top of half a piece of naan is one small black bean burger, made of the beans, red onions, green bell pepper, and whole wheat breadcrumbs, seasoned with cayenne, cumin, garlic salt, ground coriander, and pepper. I pan fried these in olive oil. Topped with tomatoes and red onions, and a cashew avocado cheese sauce I made- 1/4 a cup raw unsalted cashews, half an avocado, 1/4 a cup water, splash of unsweetened coconut milk, two cloves garlic, juice of half a lime, blended in the food processor. It was amazing. It's also topping the chopped veggie salad of tomatoes, red peppers, and cucumbers. Served with about 1/3 of a small sweet potato mashed with a bit of unsweetened coconut milk and spiced with cinnamon, ginger, and cumin. Water to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment