Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pizza Downtown



Lunch at Beau Jo's pizza. Root beer, drank about half. Water, drank all of it- it was hot today!



Whole wheat crust with basil pesto, garlic, olives, red and green bell peppers, onions, artichoke hearts, vegan cheese (they use my favorite mozzarella substitute, it's divine). After the pizza we walked around downtown checking out the shops and the live music, and then we hit up the food co-op to buy some liquid in bulk- today it was white vinegar. I can't get over how happy I am to be able to buy my liquids in bulk there. They have everything from maple syrup to apple cider vinegar to olive oil and agave, almost all organic, and way cheaper by the pound than in the store. Plus, I can bring in my own container. Nerdy things like that make me happy.

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to remember to drink more water since it's been so disgustingly hot! You're pizza looks sooooo delicious.

    The Sun-dried tomato and basil bread is from a bakery that comes to our farmer's market. Personally, I love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love farmer's market bread- no plastic wrapper, and always delicious, it's a double score :)

    Colorado is so much more dry than Texas, so I drink about 16 oz of water as soon as I wake up in the morning, first thing. And then I drink more water, or unsweetened hot tea (more water, haha) with breakfast. Lately I've had more non-water drinks, but this root beer was soooo sweet, I could only have a few sips :)

    ReplyDelete