Friday, July 9, 2010

Breakfast- lots of different things :)



Smoothie made with- a cup of raw, organic, local kale from our CSA, half an organic banana, organic frozen blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, crushed pineapple (from a can), no sugar/no salt fresh ground almond butter, splash of unsweetened coconut milk, sprinkle of cinnamon. I love having these for breakfast- a good chunk of fresh leafy greens, all my fruit for the day, and some good protein, all taken care of in the first meal of the day.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I love making smoothies. I've been making them for my hubby in the mornings and I need to get back into making them for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds so incredibly good. i've been searching for smoothie recipes online for the last half hour. i think i'm going to have to live off of them because of the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny- Me too, they're such a good way to get lots of nutritious food in your body :) I had never made a smoothie at home because I thought I needed a blender, I can't get over what a good little smoothie maker my tiny food processor is!

    Mina- I hear you, once it gets hot it is incredibly hard for me to want to eat anything in the morning- I don't usually have an appetite anyway, I just eat because it's good for me :) I also like that I can get a good chunk of raw greens in at breakfast.

    ReplyDelete