Saturday, July 3, 2010

Food on Cycling Saturday- 22 miles!


Per weekend tradition, Bobby made a breakfast bread from scratch- this morning was biscuits. Two w/ no sugar/salt fresh ground almond butter, drizzle of honey (still working on the old jar), granny smith apple. I ended up sharing the apple with Bobby, since he *did* make the biscuits.



Then we went out cycling around town, to check out the three awesome trails, and figure out a way to get downtown without running out of bike lanes. All told, we did 22 miles. About halfway through, we stopped for lunch at Tasty Harmony- home of the epic nachos. We shared a smoothie and a cup of chilled tomato avocado soup. We also split the taco plate- one taco each, black beans, rice. Honestly, even if I had remembered my camera I would have been too hungry to take a pic before digging in :) When we got home I ate peanuts and raisins, as well as a piece of toast not pictured.



Dinner was leftovers for the entree- the pasta bake topped with breadcrumbs from the other night, but I scraped off the breadcrumbs. Not in the mood :) Asparagus sauteed in lime juice and fresh garlic; and a sauteed salad of sweet potato and fresh garlic with our CSA buddies swiss chard and radish, seasoned with cumin, salt, pepper.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks :) I'm enjoying yours too, it's so fun to see what everyone eats! That crab chowder looked amazing.

    ReplyDelete