Sunday, July 11, 2010

Dinner- Still craving Indian food I Guess!



Lentil soup from scratch (an old standby)- brown lentils, tomatoes, onions, fresh garlic, red potatoes, squash, organic/local rainbow swiss chard, seasoned with garam masala, turmeric, cumin, cayenne, salt.



Coconut curry- broccoli, zucchini, carrots, red peppers simmered in a variety of spices- can't remember all of them, haha. I took about 1/3 of it and food processed it with coconut milk to make it creamy. Topped with raw cashews, peanuts, sunflower seeds, coconut slices, dates. Tofu- marinated 24 hours, then sprinkled with garam masala/olive oil and baked. Loved this! Leftover garlic naan from eating out last night. Biryani rice- from a package, and my least favorite. Too salty and the spices didn't taste fresh, I only ate about half. I polished off all the rest though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment